Welcome to the Scottish Electrical Charitable Training Trust
We Empower Scotland’s Electrical Apprenticeships
Who Are we?
SECTT stands for the Scottish Electrical Charitable Training Trust. We were established in 1990 to oversee the industry-approved training program for electrical apprenticeships in Scotland. This responsibility is carried out on behalf of the Scottish Joint Industry Board (SJIB).
At SECTT we work with industry partners to manage the SVQ Electrical Installation at SCQF Level 7. Our remit includes:
- Conduct pre-employment assessments
- Check suitability of potential employers
- Liaise with employers to assist with recruitment
- Enrolment of apprentices and adult trainees with SJIB/SQA/Skills Development Scotland/Approved Centres
- Develop and manage the SVQ coursework & delivery across 22 Approved Centres throughout Scotland
- Offer training support to apprentices/trainees/employers throughout the duration of the apprenticeship
- Manage FICA/ACA Centres
- Provide apprentices/trainees with up to date training resources
SECTT in numbers
Training Provider for the Electrical Industry since 1990
apprentices/adult trainees trained
Electrical Contractors across Scotland currently training an apprentice/trainee
empowering tomorrow’s electricians
how can we help you?
Our SECTT training officers are there to support you and ensure that you complete the training program successfully.
Become an apprentice
Join the 2800+ apprentices we support
on the SJIB Programme.
Become an adult trainee
Join the 450+ Adult Trainees we support on the SJIB Programme.
Employ an apprentice
Employ an Apprentice or Adult Trainee to help develop your business.
Find Information on FICA/ACA CEC Scheme
Ready and know what you need? Go straight to our application forms.
working together to go further
Working in partnership WITH
To learn more about our partners click on the logos above.
start your journey
Start transforming your electrical career today
Start your career in the electrical industry with the right knowledge and skills.
Learn with theory and practical skills at college and put it into practice on site.
Potentially gain recognition for your achievements at local and national competitions.